Advanced Kettlebell Training (Day I)
17 Kettlebell and Bodyweight Training Exercises to Enhance Your Functional Strength!
Conventional VS Unconventional
- Two Handed Swing
- Uppercut Flip
- Double Clean & Jerk
- Rotational Split Clean & Press aka Greg’s Clean & Press
- Split Palm Clean & Press
- One Arm Snatch
- One Arm Split Snatch
- Double Military Press
- Double Split Sots Press
- Double Front Squat
- 360 Front Squat Shin Roll
- Turkish Get Up
- Systema Get Up aka Spiral Get Up
- Ring Muscle Up
- Rotational Muscle Up
- Bonus: Rotational Ice Cream Makers
“Unconventional” training does not make “conventional” functional lifts and exercise bad to do — quite the opposite, one needs a strong foundation of classical strength training, such as Clean & Jerk, Squats, Pull Ups, Muscle Ups, etc. However, once the base is established one needs to branch out and make strength training more specific to what they do (to fighting, climbing and combat acrobatics movements in my case) — this way this strength will be more applicable.
With this kettlebell workout, Coach Sergei Karaliou is at it again, delivering a straight forward core workout with one kettlebell, utilizing basic core training principals from Compound Conditioning Training Philosophy.
1) Flexion — Kettlebell Overhead Sit Up
2) Extension / Hinging / Central Body Pulling — Kettlebell Swing
3) Rotation / Counter-rotation — Kettlebell Around The World Pass
Kettlebell Swing Variations – next step for your training!
Kettlebell Swing Variations are superb and so good for you on so many levels, including:
- Impact-free high intensity conditioning that works hard the heart
- lungs and the body general but in a bio-mechanically correct manner
- with minimal stress on the knees, which is a huge hidden bonus, as it let’s people with hurt knees get into great shape
- Great posterior chain (hamstrings-glutes-spinal erectors-traps) development
- specific for so many different things, from keeping upright and sprinting hard to looking better naked
- Amazing attribute development exercise in such skills as jumping, sprinting, kicking, landing and lifting
- Incredible core training exercise that solidly reinforces the abs/glutes connection
- turning your midsection into a highly detailed anatomy atlas
The video below by Coach Sergei Karaliou will build up on the skills outlined in Two Handed Kettlebell Swing Tutorial posted earlier and progress to some other basic, yet very productive, variations of Kettlebell Swing.
Pay your dues to the deadlift and its variations to build up proper form and muscle tone for the Swings.
Visit our YouTube Channel for more information.
Kettlebell Swing Tutorial.
Kettlebell Swing Tutorial is the center of Kettlebell training routines.
Kettlebell Swing is one of the simplest, yet most productive and effective kettlebell exercises. Check out our video tutorial by Coach Sergei Karaliou to master your kettlebell swing form correctly, effectively and safely:
Single Leg Squat is a tremendous lower body exercise. Among many other things it greatly improves:
- Lower body strength
- Knee and ankle stability
- Jumping and landing ability
- Tactical movement skills (ability to engage and disengage the ground using only one leg in case the other one is hurt)
In the video below you will find some progressive movement strategies that will help you to master the Pistol. The outlined list is not final by any degree, but it should give you some good ideas on not only how to work up to a legitimate Pistol Squat, but also on how you can diversify your lower body strength training. Enjoy!
Here is the breakdown of the movements shown in the video:
Wrestlers Twist – some coaches think that it belongs to the big 3 of Powerlifting
Use this video tutorial to get your Wrestlers Twist up to date as well as some more fun stuff with Barbell for your core strength)
Give this exercise several weeks and you will be able to enjoy the vast spectrum of benefits that will compliment your physic.
Make sure to execute Wrestlers Twist and other Barbell Exercises with cool head and precision.
Practice while staying “fresh”.
Please pay attention to basic compound movements that will develop solid foundation for this movement.
WT can be used as a part of main workout as well as the finisher for your core!
Need more? — Click here for our YouTube Channel
- Builds superb ground engagement and disengagement skills
- Blends high levels of total body mobility, strength and coordination in one exercise
- Tremendous total body multi-plane strength exercise
- Huge carryover to martial arts, tactical and sport applications
- Advanced Kettlebell Exercises
Advanced Kettlebell Exercises: 360 Front Squat Shin Roll — squat like never before!
These Advanced Kettlebell Exercises seamlessly blends advanced levels of
-core and leg strength
-mobility of lower extremities
-tactical movement skill.
Bulletproofs the lower body against injuries.
Greatly enhances agility and change of direction related skills.
Make sure you own your squat before attempting this movement.
Our training sessions are fun and engaging, never routine or repetitive.
It’s a fitness experience like you never had before, customized and tailored to suit your particular needs.
Furthermore, we offer comprehensive assessments as part of our fitness training program — we can identify goals and metrics for your body composition, mobility, and nutrition.
It’s all part of how we deliver the most comprehensive fitness training out there.
Call us today at 732-345-8087