Advanced Kettlebell Training (Day I)
17 Kettlebell and Bodyweight Training Exercises to Enhance Your Functional Strength!
Conventional VS Unconventional
- Two Handed Swing
- Uppercut Flip
- Double Clean & Jerk
- Rotational Split Clean & Press aka Greg’s Clean & Press
- Split Palm Clean & Press
- One Arm Snatch
- One Arm Split Snatch
- Double Military Press
- Double Split Sots Press
- Double Front Squat
- 360 Front Squat Shin Roll
- Turkish Get Up
- Systema Get Up aka Spiral Get Up
- Ring Muscle Up
- Rotational Muscle Up
- Bonus: Rotational Ice Cream Makers
“Unconventional” training does not make “conventional” functional lifts and exercise bad to do — quite the opposite, one needs a strong foundation of classical strength training, such as Clean & Jerk, Squats, Pull Ups, Muscle Ups, etc. However, once the base is established one needs to branch out and make strength training more specific to what they do (to fighting, climbing and combat acrobatics movements in my case) — this way this strength will be more applicable.
With this kettlebell workout, Coach Sergei Karaliou is at it again, delivering a straight forward core workout with one kettlebell, utilizing basic core training principals from Compound Conditioning Training Philosophy.
1) Flexion — Kettlebell Overhead Sit Up
2) Extension / Hinging / Central Body Pulling — Kettlebell Swing
3) Rotation / Counter-rotation — Kettlebell Around The World Pass
Kettlebell Swing Variations – next step for your training!
Kettlebell Swing Variations are superb and so good for you on so many levels, including:
- Impact-free high intensity conditioning that works hard the heart
- lungs and the body general but in a bio-mechanically correct manner
- with minimal stress on the knees, which is a huge hidden bonus, as it let’s people with hurt knees get into great shape
- Great posterior chain (hamstrings-glutes-spinal erectors-traps) development
- specific for so many different things, from keeping upright and sprinting hard to looking better naked
- Amazing attribute development exercise in such skills as jumping, sprinting, kicking, landing and lifting
- Incredible core training exercise that solidly reinforces the abs/glutes connection
- turning your midsection into a highly detailed anatomy atlas
The video below by Coach Sergei Karaliou will build up on the skills outlined in Two Handed Kettlebell Swing Tutorial posted earlier and progress to some other basic, yet very productive, variations of Kettlebell Swing.
Pay your dues to the deadlift and its variations to build up proper form and muscle tone for the Swings.
Visit our YouTube Channel for more information.
Kettlebell Swing Tutorial.
Kettlebell Swing Tutorial is the center of Kettlebell training routines.
Kettlebell Swing is one of the simplest, yet most productive and effective kettlebell exercises. Check out our video tutorial by Coach Sergei Karaliou to master your kettlebell swing form correctly, effectively and safely: