Ground Mobility forms the second tier of our Joint Mobility Training curriculum.
Done properly, Ground Mobility has many benefits, including, but not limited to:
- Joint lubrication and restoration
- Enhances coordination, spacial awareness and confidence
- Trains the body and mind via play-like movement
- Excellent full body warm up
- Great stand alone restorative training session when done at light to medium intensity
- Superb fat burning training medium when done at higher intensities
- Teaches proper ground engagement and disengagement skills
- Enhances movement skills for contact sports, ground fighting, close quarter combat and tactical applications
- Brings fun back to exercise 🙂
After the basic Ground Mobility elements have been mastered, we move on to constructing combinations and free flows, as well as applying ground engagement and disengagement skills outside of the “sterile” gym settings, adding additional gear and tasks, etc.
Below is an example of one such Ground Mobility combination. It ties into a loop and so it is perfect for a nice practice of dissolving oneself into continuous movement and breathing. Enjoy!